What is the difference between egg yolk and egg white? Are egg yolks unhealthy? Watch this quick video to find out.
Find Out More at drberg.com: https://www.drberg.com/blog
0:00 Egg Yolk vs. Egg White: What’s the Difference?
0:10 Are egg yolks bad for you?
1:16 Nutrients in egg yolks
2:22 Nutrients in egg whites
3:42 Why you should eat the whole egg
In this video, I want to talk about the difference between egg yolk and egg white. This is a question I get a lot.
Many people only eat egg whites because they think that egg yolk is unhealthy, and it will lead to clogged arteries. This is a big mistake. Most of the good nutrition is in the yolk. Yes, egg yolks contain cholesterol, but this will not clog your arteries.
Keep in mind that when you consume cholesterol, your body simply makes less of it. In fact, only around 25% of your cholesterol comes from your diet—your body makes the other 75%.
You need cholesterol for your brain, cells, membranes, and hormone production.
Egg yolks also contain healthy fat-soluble vitamins—A, E, D, and K2. In addition, it contains trace minerals, vitamin B12, folate, phospholipids, calcium, and immunoglobins.
Egg whites contain most of the protein, avidin, B2, B3, magnesium, and potassium.
I recommend that you consume both egg yolk and egg white. Always go with farm-raised and organic eggs.
Dr. Eric Berg DC Bio:
Dr. Berg, 53 years of age is a chiropractor who specializes in Healthy Ketosis & Intermittent Fasting. He is the author of The New Body Type Guide and other books published by KB Publishing. He has taught students nutrition as an adjunct professor at Howard University. He no longer practices, but focuses on health education through social media.
DR. BERG’S SHOP: http://shop.drberg.com/
Follow us on FACEBOOK: fb.me/DrEricBerg
Send a Message to his team: m.me/DrEricBerg
ABOUT DR. BERG: https://ift.tt/2sVvrBH
Dr. Eric Berg received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1988. His use of “doctor” or “Dr.” in relation to himself solely refers to that degree. Dr. Berg is a licensed chiropractor in Virginia, California, and Louisiana, but he no longer practices chiropractic in any state and does not see patients so he can focus on educating people as a full time activity, yet he maintains an active license. This video is for general informational purposes only. It should not be used to self-diagnose and it is not a substitute for a medical exam, cure, treatment, diagnosis, and prescription or recommendation. It does not create a doctor-patient relationship between Dr. Berg and you. You should not make any change in your health regimen or diet before first consulting a physician and obtaining a medical exam, diagnosis, and recommendation. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The Health & Wellness, Dr. Berg Nutritionals and Dr. Eric Berg, D.C. are not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this video or site.
Thanks for watching. I hope this video helped answer your questions about egg yolks vs. egg whites. Feel free to leave a comment down below.
View on YouTube